Your Career in Academia: Balancing Teaching and Research
Are you considering becoming an academic teacher? Are you passionate about your subject yet concerned about managing your teaching workload and finding enough time for research? If you replied yes to any of the above questions, then this workshop is for you.
During the workshop, we will cover:
- Preparing Lecture Material - How to Keep Students Engaged
- Keeping Balance between Teaching and Research
- Time-management Advice from Experienced Academic Teacher
- Part 1 (15 minutes): How to prepare a good lecture
- Part 2 (15 minutes): How to efficiently handle teaching workload
- Part 3 (15 minutes): How to organise your research/ publishing activities
- Part 4 (30 minutes): Q & A Session
- LO1: Identify best methods and practices for keeping students engaged
- LO2: Learn efficient time management (e.g. marking, student drop in sessions)
- LO3: Learn how to successfully maintain high academic output
If you have any questions to our facilitators regarding teaching and/or research activities please email them over to: firstname.lastname@example.org.